My second son, The Thinker was sitting at the table, eating a late night snack while he, my husband and I watched a movie (we have a big great room type layout which allows for eating and watching). All of a sudden, he turned around, looking at me and asked, “Mom, why did Betty Crocker go to jail?”
Earlier in the day, I had been joking around with him, asking weird philosophical questions like “If a fly loses its wings, should it be called a walk?” and “If corn oil comes from corn, where does baby oil come from?” Yeah, we talk about really earth shattering topics in my house. So when he asked me about Betty Crocker, I sat there waiting for the punch line.
But he was serious. “No, really Mom, what did she do?” It took me all of 30 seconds staring at him for a light bulb to go on in my head. “Oh! You mean Martha Stewart!!”
Am I the only one that thought that was funny? I think because I consider myself a foodie, I assume my children actually pay attention to some of the things I mention about food and food stars. Silly me.
1. Info for Tuna Macaroni Salad
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Tuna Macaroni Salad
- 1 lb macaroni, cooked
- 8 eggs, hard boiled, 6 diced and 2 sliced
- 2 cans tuna, drained
- 2 tsp prepared mustard
- mayonnaise to moisten to desired consistency
- Mix all ingredients except sliced eggs.
- Garnish with sliced eggs and paprika if desired.
4. Tips and advices:
- For a gluten free, use corn or rice pasta in place of the regular macaroni.