This blueberry dish can be made two ways: regular or gluten and refined sugar free. I made it first (see pic below the recipe) the regular way. It turned out like perfect little bars should. Then I made it gluten free, but I didn’t adjust the flour correctly, so it was a little dry, but totally, still delicious. So. If you are going to make it normally, using regular flour, follow the recipe. If you are going to be making it gluten free, see my notes.
1. Info for Blueberry Oat Bars
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Blueberry Oat Bars
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- dash salt
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp key lime juice
- Combine flour, oatmeal, 1 cup brown sugar, salt and cardamom.
- Cut in butter with a fork or pastry blender.
- Remove 2 cups of mixture for topping, press remaining portion into a greased 9 X 9 pan.
- In a saucepan, combine blueberries, remaining sugar, lime juice and cornstarch.
- Bring to a boil, stir constantly until thickened.
- Spread over crust.
- Sprinkle reserved topping over blueberry layer.
- Bake 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool before cutting or you will have a mess.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
4. Tips and advices:
- To make this refined sugar free, use ⅓ cup coconut nectar (or honey) in the blueberry sauce and ¾ cup coconut palm sugar in the crust/topping. Cut the gluten free flour to 1 cup and use gluten free regular oatmeal.