It’s already our third day in Rome and I have to say the weather is really hot. So hot that pesky mosquitoes bit baby Aria and me so much! My husband Lulu says it’s because we’re so sweet. I like to think it’s because of the things we eat and drink. Speaking of sweet drinks, I prepared a large pitcher of strawberry green tea for the family to enjoy after our visit to the Vatican.
The recipe is ultra easy. I steeped green tea leaves and added fresh, flavorful strawberries and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
1. Info for Strawberry Iced Tea Recipe
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 8
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Strawberry Iced Tea Recipe
- 3 cups fresh small strawberries
- 3½ cups granulated sugar, to taste
- 2 cups lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 6 teaspoons green tea leaves
- 2 quarts ice cubes
- For the simple syrup: In a sauce pan, dissolve the sugar without stirring in 2 cups water over high heat. It’s important to carefully watch the sugar. Once the liquid comes to a boil, stir well and turn off the heat. Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- For the green tea: Bring 3 cups of water to a roaring boil. Remove from the stove. Immediately place the green tea leaves into the water. Steep the tea for about 2 minutes (no longer!). Strain the liquid and discard the tea leaves.
- Note: Don’t steep the green tea too long or it will alter its flavor and might have a bitter taste.
- For the strawberries: In a blender, place the strawberries and add 1 cup water for easy flow. Filter through a fine-mesh strainer.
- Assembly: Pour the green tea into the syrup. Let it cool completely. Add the strawberries and lemon juice. Stir well. Add the ice cubes and stir one more time. Garnish with fresh strawberries topped with fresh mint leaves. Refrigerate until fully chilled.
- Serve over ice in pretty glasses.
- It’s so refreshing!