This is one of my favorite drinks to serve during the holidays. My kids beg for it as soon as November hits and would drink it until spring if I’d make it that often. Sometimes I add orange juice to the cider, resulting in a wassail type of drink. The spices work in cranberry juice, too.
You can make this on the stove, in a large coffee percolator or in a crock pot. Of course, you will have to adjust the time if you do it in a crock pot. It will take about an hour on high. Then, turn it to low or warm while you serve it.
1. Info for Hot Mulled Cider
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Hot Mulled Cider
- 3 quarts apple cider or juice
- 1½ tsp whole allspice
- 1½ tsp whole cloves
- 3 small cinnamon sticks
- lemon and/or orange slices (optional)
- Tie spices up in cheesecloth. Combine all ingredients and simmer 20 minutes.
- If you don’t have cheesecloth, just strain the spices out before serving.
- Serve warm.