You’ll never want to buy pre-packaged cookie dough again after you try these delicious and easy 5-Ingredient Sugar Cookies!
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for 5-Ingredient Sugar Cookies.
1. Info for 5-Ingredient Sugar Cookies
- Cook Time: 35 Min
- Total Time: 35 Min
- Servings: 10
- Calories: 348.62 kcal
2. Ingredients for 5-Ingredient Sugar Cookies
- granulated sugar
- ¾ cup (172g) salted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups (300g) granulated sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 ¼ cups (275g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the sugar for coating the dough balls in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the butter and sugar for the cookie dough in a large bowl. Using a mixer with a whisk attachment, mix on medium speed until the mixture is pale and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add the egg and continue to beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Turn the mixer to low speed, and add the flour and baking soda to the bowl. Mix until a firm dough forms, about 1 minute.
- Scoop the cookie dough into 20 balls, rolling each in the bowl of reserved sugar before placing on the baking sheets.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the baking trays in the freezer for 10 minutes. Alternately, place the dough balls on a small baking sheet or large plate to freeze, and transfer to the prepared baking sheets before baking.
- Bake the cookies on middle and upper-middle racks of oven until slightly golden brown at the edges and puffy on top, 11-13 minutes.
- Check to see that cookies are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to cooling racks. Serve and enjoy. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days, or in the refrigerator for 5 days.