This salad is light, crunchy, tangy and sweet!
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Apple Fennel Pecan Cranberry Salad.
1. Info for Apple Fennel Pecan Cranberry Salad
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total Time: 12 min
- Servings: 5
2. Ingredients for Apple Fennel Pecan Cranberry Salad
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons oil (canola, safflower)
- 2 medium fennel bulbs (3.5” x 3”)
- 1 firm red apple
- 1 teaspoon minced fennel frond (dark green, leafy part)
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-‐leaf parsley
- ¼ cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped honey roasted pecans (salted)
- Combine the orange juice, vinegar, shallot, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk in the oil (or shake all in a small jar.)
- Trim ends of fennel bulbs and insert the skewer into the firm root end of the fennel bulb. Use fine spiralizing blade to spiralize fennel. You will need 2 cups spiralized fennel bulb. Switch from the fine spiralizing blade to the spiral slice blade (large core). Cut a slice off the base of the apple to make a flat surface. Insert the skewer into the flat end of the apple. Remove the apple stem. Use the spiral slice blade to spiralize the apple. Cut the spirals into fourths. Combine the fennel and apple in a medium bowl and toss with half of the dressing. (You can make this part several hours ahead of time and refrigerate.) When ready to serve, toss in the fennel frond, parsley, cranberries and pecans. Add more dressing if needed.