A slightly sweet soy, garlic, and ginger marinade adds big flavor to this easy-to-make steak.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Asian-Marinated Oven Roasted Steak.
1. Info for Asian-Marinated Oven Roasted Steak
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 25 min
- Servings: 2
- Calories: 160.03 kcal
2. Ingredients for Asian-Marinated Oven Roasted Steak
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce (or tamari)
- 2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 knob fresh ginger root (1/2-inch section, peeled and minced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 boneless New York strip steak (1 inch thick, 6-8 oz. each)
- 1 Tbs. canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. butter
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Place the soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, ginger, garlic, and crushed red pepper in a gallon-sized zip-top bag. Whisk to combine. Add the steaks, seal the bag, and gently shake to coat the meat in the marinade. Transfer the bag to the refrigerator and marinate for 1-8 hours.
- Remove the marinated steaks from the refrigerator and allow them to rest at room temperature while the oven preheats.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Set a large skillet over high heat and add the oil and butter. Once the oil is very hot and shimmering, add the steaks. Sear steaks for 1 minute without moving. Flip the steaks and sear the other side for 45 seconds longer. Using tongs, place steaks on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast the seared steaks on middle rack of oven until they reach desired level of doneness, 9-12 minutes. Allow the meat to reach an internal temperature of at least 130°F for a medium steak.
- Check to see that steak is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow steaks to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.