Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Asparagus Bisque.
1. Info for Asparagus Bisque
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total Time: 35 min
- Servings: 7
- Calories: 164.6 kcal
2. Ingredients for Asparagus Bisque
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- Kosher salt
- 1 russet potato (8 ounces), peeled and cubed
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 pounds asparagus, ends trimmed and roughly chopped (about 1¼ pounds trimmed)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup fresh chives, chopped, for garnish
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and pinch of salt, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add potato, stock and 1 teaspoon salt and stir to mix well. Bring to a boil over high heat, cover partially, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until potato is just tender, about 10 minutes. Add asparagus, increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook until potato and asparagus are tender, about 5 minutes longer. Transfer asparagus mixture to the blender jar and add cream and lemon juice.
- Secure lid and turn dial to Speed 1. Slowly increase speed to Max and blend until smooth and rising steam is visible, about 1-2 minutes.
- Soup should be hot. Serve immediately, garnished with chives and reserved asparagus spears. To store, let cool, transfer to airtight container and refrigerate for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- TIP: This delicate soup is best at the height of the season, when the spears are tender and sweet. Choose medium-size spears over pencil-thin or extra-thick ones.