Creamy and smooth with just the right amount of sweet, this avocado ice cream is the perfect cool treat on a warm afternoon. Featuring light hints of vanilla and lemon, this avocado ice cream can be made with or without an ice cream maker. This recipe includes instructions for both methods. While this recipe has no add-ins, feel free to experiment and add in your favorite chopped nuts, chocolate chips, or candied ginger.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Avocado Ice Cream.
1. Info for Avocado Ice Cream
- Cook Time: 1 hr 5 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 5 min
- Servings: 8
- Calories: 260.36 kcal
2. Ingredients for Avocado Ice Cream
- 1 can evaporated milk (410 gr.)
- 150 gr. sugar
- 2 ripe avocados
- 200 ml. whipping cream, chilled
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Gently heat the evaporated milk with the sugar but do not allow to boil. Stir to ensure the sugar is dissolved.
- Leave to cool completely, cover with plastic film and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Peel and remove the stones from the avocados. (Roll the avocado on a smooth surface, firmly pressing down with the palm of the hand, and then cut in half. The flesh will come away easily from the peel.)
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl, including the chilled evaporated milk, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker until firm and leave in the freezer for at least 1 hour before eating.
- If not using an ice cream maker: Transfer to a container, metal if possible, and place in the freezer, stirring every 30 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- After more than 1 day in the freezer, leave at room temperature for a few minutes before serving to allow it to regain its creaminess.