This elegant fruit salad is a beautiful way to showcase winter’s array of citrus fruits, and it takes only 15 minutes to make. For serving, you can mix up the colors or set them out in color bands for an ombré look. A light vinaigrette with a touch of tarragon bring the tart flavors into balance.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Winter Citrus Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette.
1. Info for Winter Citrus Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 15 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 161.63 kcal
2. Ingredients for Winter Citrus Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette
- champagne vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper
- extra-virgin olive oil
- blood orange
- pomegranate seeds
- fresh tarragon
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, salt, and pepper to taste. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking steadily until mixture is emulsified.
- Slice bottoms and tops off of citrus to expose flesh. Following curve of fruit, cut remaining peel from citrus fruit, including all white pith on outside. (Use a sharp chef’s knife or a smaller serrated knife.) Cut fruit crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices.
- Arrange fruit on a platter or on plates, mixing up the colors or setting them out in color bands for an ombré look. Drizzle with vinaigrette, sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and tarragon, and serve.