In this lesson, Cookie Monster and Chef Gonger give baked chicken some tender love and care! Watch this video for some great pro dips on making ranch from scratch.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Baked Chicken Tenders with Herbed Ranch Dip.
1. Info for Baked Chicken Tenders with Herbed Ranch Dip
- Cook Time: 1 hr 5 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 5 min
- Servings: 3
- Calories: 660.14 kcal
2. Ingredients for Baked Chicken Tenders with Herbed Ranch Dip
- 2 cups LACTAID® 1% Lowfat Milk
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. iodized salt
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 lb. chicken tenders
- 3 cups whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp. sweet paprika
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon zest
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup red onion (about 1/4 of an onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice)
- 1 cup LACTAID® Fat Free Milk
- 1 tsp. dried dill
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. iodized salt
- 1 cup cannellini beans (or Great White Northern beans, cooked, rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (leaves and tender stems, roughly chopped)
- An introduction to Baked Chicken Tenders with Herbed Ranch Dip with Carla Hall, Cookie Monster, and Chef Gonger.
- Set a resealable gallon zip-top bag in a bowl and fold down the top third to form a collar. Roll a lemon on the cutting board, then cut in half and juice one half into a small bowl using a citrus reamer. Add 2 Tbsp. of the lemon juice into the bag. Add milk, Dijon mustard, black pepper, salt, and cayenne pepper; whisk to combine. Add chicken to the bag, then seal, pushing as much air as possible from the bag. Gently shake or massage the bag to make sure the chicken is completely coated. Lay bag flat on a sheet pan and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 2–8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Mix together the breadcrumbs, paprika, oregano, and lemon zest in a 9×13-inch baking dish. Remove chicken from refrigerator, placing bag in a bowl to prop it up. Open the bag and fold down the top third. Place a wire cooling rack on the sheet pan, spray lightly with cooking spray, and set aside. Use your “wet” hand to remove several chicken tenders from the bag, allowing excess liquid to drip off. Press tenders into the breadcrumbs, then use your “dry” hand to flip the chicken and coat the other side. Use your “dry” hand to move the chicken to the wire rack. Repeat until all chicken tenders are breaded. Wash hands thoroughly after handling raw chicken.
- Place the sheet pan in the oven and bake the chicken tenders until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F and are golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Dice red onion and juice the other lemon half, then add onion and 2 Tbsp. lemon juice to blender. Measure milk, then add dill, oregano, black pepper, and salt to the milk, stirring to combine. Add milk mixture to blender, along with cannellini beans. Blend until smooth, add parsley, and blend again. Add more milk as needed for a thinner consistency or more beans for a thicker consistency. Set some dip aside for chicken tenders. Store remaining dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Check to see that chicken tenders are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow tenders to cool for 5 minutes, then serve with the Herbed Ranch Dip.