Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Basic Bread.
1. Info for Basic Bread
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Total Time: 55 min
- Servings: 24
- Calories: 157.56 kcal
2. Ingredients for Basic Bread
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup warm water, 105°F – 115°F
- 2 teaspoons active-dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 6 to 6-1/2 cups bread flour
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Grease two 8 x 4 loaf pans with 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Rinse bowl of stand mixer with warm water to heat bowl. Pour in warm water and sprinkle yeast over the top. Let stand for 5 minutes to dissolve.
- Melt butter in small saucepan along with milk, honey and salt over low heat and heat until just warm – do not boil. Attach dough hook to KitchenAid® Artisan® Stand Mixer. Add warm milk mixture and 2 cups flour to mixer bowl and turn to speed 2. Mix until batter-like consistency, 2 to 3 minutes. Add remaining flour, ½ cup at a time until dough forms a ball and clings to hook. Continue to knead dough 3 to 4 minutes on speed 2, or until smooth and elastic and slightly sticky to touch.
- On a lightly floured surface, remove dough and form into a ball. Coat large bowl lightly with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil. Place dough in bowl, turning to coat on all sides with oil. Cover bowl with clean kitchen towel and let rise in warm place until double in size, about 1 hour.
- Punch down dough and divide in half. On a lightly floured surface, let dough rest 10 minutes. Lightly pat each dough ball into oval then fold dough into thirds and place into prepared loaf pans, seam side down. Press down slightly. Cover with kitchen towel and let rise in warm place until double in size, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Place bread in oven and immediately reduce heat to 375°F. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until bread is golden and sounds hollow when tapped. Remove loaves from pans and cool on wire rack completely before slicing.
- makes 2 loaves