Top the pork chop with Parmesan cheese shavings (you can use a vegetable peeler to easily shave from a wedge) and toasted pine nuts, if desired.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Basil-Garlic Porterhouse Pork Chops.
1. Info for Basil-Garlic Porterhouse Pork Chops
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 15 min
- Servings: 4
2. Ingredients for Basil-Garlic Porterhouse Pork Chops
- 4 porterhouse (bone-in loin) pork chops, 3/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried basil, OR 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, OR 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Mix together all ingredients except pork in a shallow baking dish. Add chops and spread both sides with basil mixture. Let stand 15 to 30 minutes in baking dish.
- Meanwhile, prepare a grill to medium-high heat (about 450 degrees F.), oiling it with a brush or paper towel. Grill chops over direct heat until the internal temperature reaches between 145 degrees F. (medium rare) and 160 degrees F. (medium), on a meat thermometer, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove chops from the grill and let rest for 3 minutes.