Warm cinnamon and sweet raisins make this French toast casserole almost worthy of dessert.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Cinnamon Raisin Baked French Toast Casserole.
1. Info for Cinnamon Raisin Baked French Toast Casserole
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Total Time: 55 min
- Servings: 9
- Calories: 129.03 kcal
2. Ingredients for Cinnamon Raisin Baked French Toast Casserole
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 lb. day-old thick cut cinnamon raisin bread (or challah, or babka)
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup (65g) brown sugar
- 1 7/8 cups whole milk (1 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp.)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Maple syrup (for serving)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish liberally with nonstick cooking spray.
Cut bread into 1-inch cubes and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, brown sugar, milk, vanilla extract, and salt and whisk until smooth. Add to bread cubes, and fold together with a rubber spatula.
Transfer bread mixture to prepared baking dish.
Bake French toast on middle rack of oven until it is golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center of a piece comes out clean, 45-50 minutes.
Check to see that French toast is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
Allow French toast to cool in dish for at least 10 minutes. Prior to serving, plate toast (cut as desired), sift powdered sugar over the top, and drizzle with maple syrup. Refrigerate leftovers for 2-3 days.