Here’s a new favorite to add to your weeknight dinner rotation. Made with canned black beans, a few simple but lively seasonings, and tangy feta cheese, these vegetarian tacos come together in just 20 minutes. A quick turn in a nonstick skillet warms the filling and creates the crispy exterior.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Crispy Black Bean Tacos with Feta and Lime.
1. Info for Crispy Black Bean Tacos with Feta and Lime
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 20 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 615.01 kcal
2. Ingredients for Crispy Black Bean Tacos with Feta and Lime
- 2 cans black beans (15 oz. per can)
- 1 cup cilantro leaves (loosely packed, for filling)
- 4 green onions
- 2 limes (1 to cut into wedges, 1 for juice)
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 12 corn tortillas (about 6 inches wide, divided)
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves (for serving)
- Sour cream (optional, for serving)
- Hot sauce (optional, for serving)
Preheat the oven to 200°F. Place a baking sheet on middle rack while it heats.
Rinse and drain the black beans. Chop the cilantro and green onions. Cut one lime into wedges and set aside. Squeeze the juice from the remaining lime.
Add black beans to a medium mixing bowl with the chopped cilantro, green onions, lime juice, olive oil, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and feta. Stir well to combine.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add about 1 teaspoon oil and place two tortillas in the skillet. When tortillas are warm, place 1/4 cup bean mixture down the center of each. Fold each tortilla over to make a taco shape (you may have to press gently with a spatula to get the tortillas to stay folded). Cook until golden brown on bottom, 1-2 minutes, then turn over. Repeat on second side.
Transfer tacos to the baking sheet in the oven to keep warm.
Repeat the steps until all 12 tortillas are filled and cooked.
Transfer tacos to a platter with lime wedges and scatter cilantro leaves on top. If you like, serve warm with sour cream and hot sauce.