If you enjoy Cajun cuisine, you will love the special blend of spices and herbs that coat this fast and easy Cajun baked salmon.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Easy Cajun Baked Salmon.
1. Info for Easy Cajun Baked Salmon
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 20 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 257.71 kcal
2. Ingredients for Easy Cajun Baked Salmon
- 4 Atlantic salmon filets (5 oz each)
- 1 ½ tsp. butter
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme leaves
- ¼ tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. dried parsley
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. cumin
- 1/8 cayenne pepper, to taste
- ¼ tsp. brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Gently pat salmon fillets dry with paper towels. Place on the baking sheet, skin side down.
- Place the butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high until melted, about 20 seconds.
- Place the paprika, thyme leaves, oregano, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, sugar, salt, and black pepper in the bowl with the butter. Stir with a fork until a thick paste forms.
- Using a spoon and clean hands, rub a scant teaspoon of the spice mixture evenly over the top of each salmon fillet.
- Cut the lemon in half. Squeeze the juice of one half evenly over the fillets. Reserve the other half for serving.
- Bake the salmon on middle rack of oven until it flakes easily with a fork, 12-15 minutes.
- Check to see that salmon is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Squeeze the reserved lemon over the fillets and serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to two days.