Light fresh cod baked in an irresistible lemon garlic butter sauce.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Lemon Garlic Butter Baked Cod.
1. Info for Lemon Garlic Butter Baked Cod
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 25 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 126.2 kcal
2. Ingredients for Lemon Garlic Butter Baked Cod
- 1 lb. fresh cod fillets (3-4 fillets per pound)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp. butter (cut into thin slices, 1 per fillet)
- 1 large lemon
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Season the cod fillets on both sides with the salt and pepper. Arrange the fillets on the baking sheet. Sprinkle the minced garlic and butter pieces evenly over the fillets.
- Cut the lemon in half. Slice one half into thin rounds, 1-2 per fillet, setting aside the remaining lemon for garnish. Lay the slices directly on top of the cod fillets.
- Bake the cod on middle rack of oven until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 10-20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- Check to see that cod is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Squeeze the juice from the reserved lemon half over the fillets. Serve immediately.