Whipping up an inspired meal is easy with a zesty, versatile sauce like this in your fridge. Feta, lime juice, and buttermilk make it tangy; avocado makes it creamy; and two kinds of herbs give it loads of freshness. Since the recipe makes 2 1/3 cups, you’ll have plenty to try with chips or raw vegetables for dunking, as a sandwich spread, as a topping for crostini, dolloped on roasted beets or carrots, or as a bed for grilled fish. Feta made from sheep’s cheese is especially mild and creamy, perfect for this sauce. To make the sauce pourable, add a bit more buttermilk. If you like spicy heat, add as many dashes of hot sauce as your tastebuds will tolerate!
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Fresh, Green, and Tangy Avocado Sauce.
1. Info for Fresh, Green, and Tangy Avocado Sauce
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 10 min
- Servings: 8
- Calories: 93.31 kcal
2. Ingredients for Fresh, Green, and Tangy Avocado Sauce
- jalapeño chili
- flat-leaf parsley
- feta cheese
- lime juice
- hot sauce
- Put chili and garlic in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add parsley and cilantro and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add avocado chunks, feta, lime juice, salt, and hot sauce to processor. Pulse until fairly smooth, scraping down side of processor as needed.
- With processor running, pour in buttermilk and process until smooth. Add a little more buttermilk if you’d like the sauce to be pourable. Taste and adjust salt and hot sauce.
- Serve sauce with chips or raw vegetables for dunking, as a sandwich spread, as a topping for crostini, dolloped on roasted beets or carrots, or as a bed for grilled fish. Store in refrigerator up to 3 days.