These vinegary, salty, crispy treats are irresistible next to a cold beer as an appetizer dunked in your favorite sauce or dressing, or set on top of a pulled pork sandwich. Make them at the last minute and serve immediately to preserve their crunch.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Fried Pickles.
1. Info for Fried Pickles
- Cook Time: 35 Min
- Total Time: 35 Min
- Servings: 8
2. Ingredients for Fried Pickles
- vegetable oil
- dill pickle slices
- garlic powder
- cajun remoulade
- Heat 1 1/4 to 1 ½ inches oil in a Dutch oven or deep skillet over medium-high heat to 350°F, using a deep-frying thermometer.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, stir buttermilk and pickles to coat. In a separate shallow bowl, stir together cornmeal, flour, and garlic powder.
- Working with about one-quarter of the pickles at a time, lift out pickles from buttermilk using a slotted spoon or spider and letting buttermilk drain off, and transfer to cornmeal mixture. Toss until evenly coated.
- Carefully add one-quarter of pickles to hot oil, using slotted spoon, and fry until golden brown, moving them apart from each other if needed for even cooking, 1-2 minutes. Transfer pickles to paper towels to drain. Repeat to cook remaining pickles. Serve fried pickles with remoulade sauce for dipping.