Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Middle Eastern Veggie and Grain Burger.
1. Info for Middle Eastern Veggie and Grain Burger
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 30 min
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 478.56 kcal
2. Ingredients for Middle Eastern Veggie and Grain Burger
- 1 small white onion, cut in half
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/2 cup red quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 cup bulgur, cooked
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Red onion
- Sliced avocado
- Feta cheese
- Sliced tomato
- Romaine lettuce
- Attach slicing disc to KitchenAid® 7 Cup Food Processor. Cut onion to fit feed tube and slice on high speed. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in 10-inch skillet over medium high heat. Add sliced onions and garlic, and cook until fragrant and beginning to brown. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Remove slicing disc from Food Processor and attach multipurpose blade. Add garbanzo beans, tahini and lemon juice to work bowl and process on high until smooth. Add cooked onions and garlic and pulse 4 to 5 times. Transfer mixture to large bowl. Add all remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Using a 1/2-cup measure, form burger mixture into balls and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes, then press into 1/2-inch patties.
- Heat remaining olive oil, 1/2 tablespoon at a time in large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, cook burgers 3 to 4 minutes per side, until golden. Repeat with remaining patties.
- Serve immediately on buns or in lettuce cups with any topping you like.