Boneless pork chops bake with tender scalloped potatoes in a creamy mushroom sauce.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Pork Chop and Scalloped Potato Casserole.
1. Info for Pork Chop and Scalloped Potato Casserole
- Cook Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 561.71 kcal
2. Ingredients for Pork Chop and Scalloped Potato Casserole
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1-inch-thick)
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil (for pork chops)
- 1 tsp. salt (for pork chops)
- Black pepper (to taste, for pork chops)
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 white onion (large, chopped)
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. stone-ground mustard
- 1 Tbsp. garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp. salt (for onions)
- Black pepper (to taste, for onions)
- 3 Yukon gold potatoes (medium)
- 10.75 oz. cream of mushroom soup (1 can)
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt (for sauce)
- Black pepper (to taste, for sauce)
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Season both sides of the pork chops with the salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add the canola oil and rotate skillet to evenly coat the bottom. Sear the pork chops for 1-2 minutes per side.
Transfer the pork chops to a plate and set aside.
Return the skillet to the stove over medium heat and add the oil. Add the chopped onions, dried oregano, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are tender.
Use a mandoline or a knife to cut the potatoes into 1/4-inch thick slices.
Shingle the potatoes in an even layer on the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
Arrange the browned pork chops over the potatoes.
Place the cream of mushroom soup, milk, salt, and pepper in a medium mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
Pour the soup mixture over the onions in the skillet and stir until fully combined.
Pour the soup and onion mixture over the pork chops and potatoes. Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
Bake the casserole on middle rack of oven for 30 minutes.
Carefully remove foil and continue baking until pork reaches an internal temperature of 145°F, about 30 minutes.
Check to see that casserole is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
Serve immediately. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.