Recipe from Michaela Rosenthal, winner of The National Pork Board’s “America’s Favorite Family Recipes Contest” in celebration of National Eat Dinner Together Week.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Pork Schnitzel with Lemon-Caper Cream.
1. Info for Pork Schnitzel with Lemon-Caper Cream
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total Time: 35 min
- Servings: 4
2. Ingredients for Pork Schnitzel with Lemon-Caper Cream
- 1 pork tenderloin, (12-ounce), cut into 1/2-inch medallions
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 cup bread crumbs, Italian-seasoned
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, OR vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup lemon curd
- 1/4 cup capers, drained and at room temperature
- Pound pork circles between pieces of plastic wrap to flatten to 1/4 inch thickness. Sprinkle both sides of medallions with lemon juice. Combine flour and poultry seasoning in shallow dish. Coat medallions with flour mixture; shake off excess flour and set aside.
- In a deep pie plate, beat the eggs and mix in the mustard. Place bread crumbs in another pie plate. Dip the pork medallions into the egg mixture; coat well with bread crumbs. Place in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- For the cream sauce, melt the butter in a small heavy saucepan. Add shallots and sauté over medium heat until fragrant (approximately 2 minutes). Remove saucepan from heat; add the wine, chicken broth and cream. Return saucepan to heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 12 to 15 minutes to reduce by half. Sauce makes 1 cup.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large heavy skillet. Add half of the medallions; fry over medium-high heat on both sides for 1-2 minutes or until no longer pink. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil. Repeat with remaining oil and medallions.
- Remove sauce from heat and stir in lemon curd & capers.
- Serve with buttered spaetzle and garnish with lemon wedges.