Briny sauerkraut, a touch of mustard, and a pinch of caraway seeds make this easy pork roast incredibly flavorful.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Roasted Pork Loin with Sauerkraut.
1. Info for Roasted Pork Loin with Sauerkraut
- Cook Time: 1 hr 35 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 35 min
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 660.7 kcal
2. Ingredients for Roasted Pork Loin with Sauerkraut
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 lb.)
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. coarse mustard
- 4 cups drained sauerkraut
- 1 1/2 tsp. caraway seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cover a roasting rack with a sheet of aluminum foil and poke small holes all over with the tip of a sharp knife. Line a roasting pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil and position the roasting rack inside of it.
- Pat the pork loin dry with paper towels, and rub with olive oil. Season the pork loin liberally on all sides with salt and black pepper. Use the back of a spoon to spread the mustard in an even layer over the surface of the meat.
- Place the sauerkraut in an even layer on the foil-covered roasting rack, and center the pork loin on top. Sprinkle the caraway seeds over the pork and sauerkraut.
- Roast the pork loin on middle rack of oven until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 138-142°F, 75-90 minutes.
- Check to see that pork loin is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow the pork loin to rest on the rack for 10-15 minutes. While it rests, it should reach an internal temperature of 145°F. Transfer the pork loin to a cutting board. Carve and serve immediately with the sauerkraut.