Savory sheet pan barbecue chicken tacos the whole family will love!
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Sheet Pan Barbecue Chicken Tacos.
1. Info for Sheet Pan Barbecue Chicken Tacos
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total Time: 40 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 710 kcal
2. Ingredients for Sheet Pan Barbecue Chicken Tacos
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil (for chicken)
- 1/2 tsp. salt (for chicken)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper (for chicken)
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cup green cabbage (shredded)
- 1/2 cup parsley (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil (for slaw)
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt (for slaw)
- Pinch black pepper (for slaw)
- 8 flour tortillas (or corn tortillas)
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Place the chicken breasts in a large mixing bowl and massage with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and lay chicken breasts on center of sheet.
Bake the chicken on middle rack of oven until it has reached an internal temperature of 165°F, about 35 minutes.
Check to see that chicken is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
Place the chicken on a cutting board and shred the meat into bite-sized pieces with two forks. Shred by holding one fork still and using the other to pull the shreds apart.
Mix the shredded chicken and the barbecue sauce in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
Toss together the cabbage, parsley, oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a medium mixing bowl.
Assemble each taco by layering chicken, cheese and slaw inside of a tortilla and serve warm.