Make this gorgeous green breakfast casserole to start your Meatless Monday, or to impress vegetarians at the brunch table.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Spinach and Artichoke Egg Casserole.
1. Info for Spinach and Artichoke Egg Casserole
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Total Time: 55 min
- Servings: 11
- Calories: 144.78 kcal
2. Ingredients for Spinach and Artichoke Egg Casserole
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 can artichoke hearts in water (14 oz. each, drained and rinsed)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 oz. baby spinach
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup (120g) sour cream
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 4 oz. (1 cup) shredded low-moisture mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz. (1 cup) shredded Italian blend (or Parmesan cheese)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Finely mince the scallion. Roughly chop the artichokes.
- Set a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Once shimmering, add spinach to the pan. Cook, stirring frequently with a rubber spatula, until the the spinach is wilted, 1-2 minutes. Add the artichokes and cook for a minute longer. Remove from the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, scallion, sour cream, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Add the spinach and artichokes and shredded cheese. Fold with a rubber spatula until the vegetables and cheeses are evenly distributed.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake the casserole on middle rack of oven until it is golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes.
- Check to see that casserole is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow the casserole to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Cut the casserole into squares, or simply spoon onto plates. Serve.