Vibrant red velvet cake with zero added sugar!
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Sugar-Free Red Velvet Cake.
1. Info for Sugar-Free Red Velvet Cake
- Cook Time: 1 Hr 55 Min
- Total Time: 1 Hr 55 Min
- Servings: 14
- Calories: 441.21 kcal
2. Ingredients for Sugar-Free Red Velvet Cake
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 1/4 cup Splenda granulated no-calorie sweetener (for cake)
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract (for cake)
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt (for cake)
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp. red food coloring (or enough to achieve desired shade of red)
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 3/4 cup Splenda granulated no-calorie sweetener (for frosting)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract (for frosting)
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 tsp. salt (for frosting)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray two 8- or 9-inch round cake pans liberally with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place the butter, canola oil, Splenda, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, cream the ingredients together on medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the eggs and continue to beat, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed, until the mixture is light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt into the bowl. Beat the mixture on low until the ingredients begin to come together. Slowly stream in the buttermilk and food coloring and continue mixing, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed, until a smooth, vibrant batter forms. Pour the batter into the two cake pans, dividing it evenly.
- Bake the cakes on middle rack of oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 28-33 minutes.
- Check to see that cakes are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow the cakes to cool in the pans for 15-20 minutes. To release, run a butter knife between the edge of the cake and the pan. Turn each cake out onto a cooling rack. Allow the cake to cool for 1-2 hours before frosting and serving.
- While the cakes cool, make the whipped cream cheese frosting. Place the cream cheese, Splenda, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Beat with a hand mixer on medium-high speed until completely smooth, 2-3 minutes.
- Add half the heavy cream and the salt to the bowl. Beat on low speed to incorporate the heavy cream into the cream cheese, then stream in the remaining cream. Beat on medium-high speed just until the whipped cream holds stiff peaks, 2-3 minutes. Do not overbeat.
- Frost and assemble the cakes as desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.