These dairy-free “milkshakes” are made with wholesome, plant-based ingredients but taste like an indulgent treat. You may want to freeze extra bananas and avocados so you can whip up the shakes in just a few minutes anytime the mood strikes.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Vegan Chocolate Avocado “Milkshakes”.
1. Info for Vegan Chocolate Avocado “Milkshakes”
- Cook Time: 3 hr 10 min
- Total Time: 3 hr 10 min
- Servings: 2
- Calories: 979.69 kcal
2. Ingredients for Vegan Chocolate Avocado “Milkshakes”
- 2 small ripe bananas (2 bananas are 1 cup chopped)
- 1 large avocado (1 avocado is 1 cup chopped)
- 2 cups coconut milk (or almond milk)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (for blending)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Pinch salt
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup (optional, to taste)
- Peel the bananas. Halve the avocado and remove the pit. Peel the avocado. Chop avocado and bananas into 1/2-inch pieces and arrange in a single layer in a zip-top bag placed flat on a baking sheet. Freeze until completely frozen, at least 3 hours, and up to 2 months.
- Pour the coconut milk into a blender and add frozen bananas and avocado, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla, salt, and ice cubes. Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute, stirring and scraping down blender as needed.
- Taste the mixture and blend in additional maple syrup if desired.
- Divide the shake between glasses and serve immediately.