These Sweet & Savory Waffles will lead the way!
Scoop out pumpkin puree or sweet puree.
YIELDS: 2 large waffles or 8 small
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 45 minutes
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- tablespoons coconut oil or melted unsalted butter (option: ghee)
- 1/2 cup sweet potato or pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon pure gluten-free vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar or baking powder
- maple syrup grade b or pumpkin ginger butter for smothering
- Get waffle iron hot.
- Combine eggs, honey, oil, puree, milk, vanilla extract, flours, spices, and cream of tartar in a high speed blender.
- Pulse until a batter is formed.
- Brush waffle iron grids with coconut oil or melted unsalted butter. Ladle enough batter onto waffle iron to completely cover the surface.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes before flipping over to the other side. Repeat steps until batter is finished.
- Drizzle with maple syrup or lather up with Pumpkin Ginger Butter.