The following recipe makes a simple two layer cake. I filled it with store bought strawberry jam and topped it with a buttercream frosting.
1. Info for The Family Wedding Cake Recipe
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for The Family Wedding Cake Recipe
- 1⅔ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2½ cups sifted flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and flavorings and mix well.
- Alternate adding the dry ingredients with the buttermilk.
- Once all of the ingredients are added, beat it for at least 1 more minute.
- Bake in two greased and floured 9 inch pans for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Test for done-ness with a toothpick before removing from the oven.
- Let cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to complete the cooling process.
- Frost as desired.