If you are making a Christmas cake for the first time or just wanting to make it look a little bit different, I’ve got some simple ideas that you may want to try this festive season. Decorating a Christmas cake isn’t a difficult task, especially if you have kids. However, with all of the shopping, cooking and cleaning, chances are that you don’t have time to think of the ways to make your Christmas cake more unique and delicious. Hopefully, these seven small ideas will help get your creative juices flowing and this year you will make the best Christmas dessert ever!
1. Checkerboard cakeIf your family loves checkerboard cake, why not make it for your Christmas dinner? It’s a great way to put two favorite flavors in one Christmas cake. You don’t have to bake a huge cake; a small checkerboard cake with some Christmas decorations on top of it will be enough for a small family. Although the cake does take some time to prepare, it’s well worth your time and effort.
2. Christmas caramel cheesecakeIf you’ve never made a caramel cheesecake for Christmas, give it a try this year! Not only will you surprise your family with a different Christmas cake, but you will save your time and money as well. Moreover, a caramel cheesecake makes an easy and delis Christmas dinner party dessert your guests will definitely love!
3. Make your own creamsSure, it’s easier to buy delicious creams for you cake and cupcakes. This year, make a different Christmas cake by making your own, unusual cream. You will give your Christmas cake a unique taste and make it much healthier. Most store-bought creams contain too much sugar and additives that can affect your waistline and overall health.
4. Christmas Mississippi mud pieMississippi mud pie doesn’t look like a true Christmas cake, but you can easily make it Christmassy. If you are a chocolate junkie but you stick to a strict diet, a Christmas dinner is a great excuse to enjoy a piece of this rich chocolate cake. The good news is that you don’t need a lot of time and ingredients to make Christmas Mississippi mud pie. Ask your little ones to decorate it as they wish, and your unusual Christmas cake is ready!
5. Christmas pound cakePound cake is one of the easiest Christmas cake you can make. This cake is perfect for women who are going to make their Christmas cake for the first time. All you need is a pound of each basic ingredient like flour, eggs, butter, and sugar, and a little bit of creativity to decorate your cake.
6. Santa Claus cupcakesWhile most families have a cake on Christmas Day, your family can enjoy awesome Santa Claus cupcakes. Just place little Santas on top of each cupcake and ta-da! You’ve just made simple yet delicious Christmas treats without much work at all!
7. Christmas cake or cupcakes with a Christmas tree on topIf you don’t have time for decorating your cake or cupcakes, buy some Christmas tree cake decorations and place them on top of your cake or cupcakes. You can even buy ordinary cupcakes and simply dress them up with fondant flourishes and put a Christmas tree on top of each cupcake. Quick, easy and yummy!
As you can see, with a little creativity and effort, you can make simple yet tasty Christmas desserts that your guests will die for. Sure, there are many more creative ideas for making unique Christmas desserts. Please, let me know your secrets for making a different Christmas cake!