Delicious lemon tart! Bright, fragrant, very tender and incredibly delicious.
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Meyer lemon juice (2 to 3 lemons)
- 1 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 heaping tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- If you’re making the crust, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Otherwise, skip to step 3.
- For the crust: In a food processor, combine the powdered sugar, flour, and butter, and process until the mixture forms a ball. With your fingers, press the dough into a tart pan with a removable bottom, making sure to push the crust into the indentations in the sides. Pat until the crust is even, and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned. Allow to cool completely.
- For the filling, beat the cream cheese and condensed milk in a medium bowl until very smooth. Blend in the lemon juice and zest until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whip together the cream, sugar, and vanilla until it forms stiff peaks. Fold the whipped cream into the lemon mixture until just combined, and pour the finished filling into the tart shell.
- Freeze the tart until completely set, preferably overnight. You can keep this dessert in the freezer, and then move to the refrigerator an hour before serving – or serve it frozen. It’s great either way.