The new year is a great time to fill your body with great nutrition and set the tone for the year ahead! There are SO MANY things I want to experience and accomplish in coming year and I know that in order to do all of these amazing things, my body has got to be fueled up and ready to go, go, go!!
One of the most effective ways to fill your cells with massive amounts of essential minerals and nutrients is JUICE ! There are SO many reasons why juicing is so beneficial, here are just a few:
- Juice requires hardly any digestion, so all its nutritional goodness gets rapidly into your system while simultaneously giving your digestive system a rest. “Your body can then use that saved energy to clean out old matter, especially from the small intestine. The average person holds 5-10lbs of toxic old matter in their intestines, and Feasting is an ideal way to release it, giving the body a phenomenal chance to rejuvenate and restore. Far from being a time of ‘deprivation’, this extraordinary healing programme is an experience of abundance and massive nutritional intake…we lose weight, skin becomes radiantly healthy, illnesses are healed, scar tissue rejuvenates, and we detox our whole system on a massive scale.”– Angela Stokes
- You give your WHOLE BODY a chance to “clean house”. Without the added burden of digestion, which takes a LOT of time and energy, the body is now free to work on other things like detoxing the liver and kidneys…and the remains of all those Ramen Noodles you used to eat! “When we drink Raw vegetable juices, the situation is entirely different, as these [micronutrients] are digested and assimilated within 10 to 15 minutes after we drink them and they are used almost entirely in the nourishment and regeneration of the cells and tissues, glands and organs of the body. In this case the result is obvious, as the entire process of digestion and assimilation is completed with a maximum degree of speed and efficiency, and with a minimum of effort on the part of the digestive system.” – Dr. Norman Walker: “Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices“, Pg 9
- All vegetables are alkalizing (my clients know ALL about this!!). The benefits of maintaining alkalinity in the body are crucial. There are entire books written on the subject and this is something that I cover in detail in my private one-on-one sessions, so without getting into too much detail, here are just a few benefits of maintaining an alkaline environment in our tissues:
- Improved focus and mental clarity
- Improved heart and cardiovascular function
- Improved bone & joint function
- Stronger Immune System – infections and disease thrive in an acidic environment
- Better digestion
- Better overall mood
- Healthier hair, skin and nails
- Natural body weight
- Heart Health: Both antioxidant vitamins C and E prevent the damaging effect of free radicals on artery walls. They prevent blood from sticking, clotting, becoming toxic as well as helping to lower triglycerides levels. Great levels of vitamin C can be found in most fruits and vegetables. Good levels of vitamin E can be attained by adding blackberries, kiwi, asparagus and spinach in your juice recipes.
- Liver Detoxification: One of the primary functions of the liver is to serve as the body’s detoxifier. It is involved with detoxifying harmful substances (like environmental toxins, chemicals, food additives, preservatives, drugs, etc) before they can enter the bloodstream and harm the body. Periodic cleansing of the liver through juicing can be important in maintaining good health. Fresh juices reduce the burden on the liver and give it a chance to catch up. Juicing allows the liver to rid itself of accumulated toxins, thus permitting it to operate more efficiently.
With all of those benefits, how could you NOT want to start juicing?! If you need more inspiration, check out the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead streaming live on Netflix. It will be all the inspiration you need!
This juice is nice and refreshingly tart, a great way to start your day!
1. Info for Fat Dissolver Juice Recipe For Weight Loss
- Cook Time: 3 mins
- Total Time: 3 mins
- Servings: 1
- Calories: 97Kcal
2. Ingredients for Fat Dissolver Juice Recipe For Weight Loss
- 1 pink grapefruit, peeled
- 2 oranges, peeled
- 1 bunch mint
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- Run all ingredients through a juicer (I recommend Breville) and enjoy! (Makes 16oz)