These may not count as cookie bars, but they are in the same family. When I found this recipe on AllRecipes.com, I knew I wanted to make it (only I tripled it to make a half sheet size pan instead of a measly 9X9 pan that wouldn’t have been enough for my crew). The results were a very moist, brownie like bar. Because I tripled the batch, I had to adjust the baking time (and clean the bottom of my oven when they over flowed, open all the doors and windows in my house to get the blue haze out and hope that the smoke alarm didn’t go off). I am giving you the 9X9 pan amounts. Just know that this recipe is forgiving and you can at least double it.
(adapted from AllRecipes.com)
1. Info for Apple Bars
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Apple Bars
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 medium apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Beat together the butter, sugar, egg, vanilla and brandy flavoring.
- Fold in the apples and pecans.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix into the apple mixture.
- Spread the batter evenly in a greased 9X9 pan and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.