Last year I made a Fall Cake made with applesauce and butterscotch chips. It was an over the top sweet treat. This year, I got out the recipe, thinking to make it again, but at the last minute took a pen and changed it completely into an Apple Snack Cake.
This year, we had the opportunity to go pick apples on a golf course nearby. We came home with two bushels of apples from trees that had pretty much been left to grow on their own. I ended up canning 21 quarts of applesauce and we have been enjoying pies, cakes, bars, cookies, etc made with the remaining apples.
1. Info for Apple Cake Snack Cake
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Apple Cake Snack Cake
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup oil
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 apples, cored, peeled and chopped
- ⅔ cup currants
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Cream brown sugar and oil.
- Add the eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the dry ingredients and add to the sugar mixture.
- Stir in the apples and currants.
- Spread in a greased 9X13 pan and bake 30-35 minutes or until it tests done in the center.
- Let the cake cool completely and then dust with powdered sugar.