We had the best meal on Monday night. All of the boys thought it was delish; some even said it tasted like restaurant food. Princess Pat didn’t want to try it…she has become a pasta purist and won’t eat anything that doesn’t look like Italian food. She’s two, so she doesn’t have a lot of clout in the food voting department.
Fast forward a few years and all of the kids love it. They walk into the kitchen with their noses in the air, sniffing, asking what smells SO good. Even Princess Pat loves it.
1. Info for Asian Chicken and Veggie Pasta
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Asian Chicken and Veggie Pasta
- 8oz pasta or yaki soba noodles or rice noodles
- 1 lb cut veggies of your choice (carrots, asparagus, summer squash, onion, celery, etc)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 lb cubed chicken
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- ⅓ Tbsp rice vinegar
- ⅓ Tbsp soy sauce
- dash crushed red pepper
- Boil water in a big stock pot.
- Add pasta and (this was a new and exciting way to cook!) the harder veggies (carrots, asparagus, celery) to the water.
- Saute the chicken in oil.
- When the chicken is just about done, add the garlic and softer veggies (squash, cabbage, spinach).
- In a sauce pan combine the remaining ingredients.
- Stir and cook until peanut butter is melted and well combined.
- Drain pasta and veggies, add chicken mixture and sauce.
- Stir to combine.
4. Tips and advices:
- To make this gluten free, use gluten free pasta or rice noodles, and make sure your soy sauce is gluten free, too.