My son, The Comedian, decided last night that a frozen banana might make a great snack. After it was frozen and he couldn’t manage to get the peel off, he changed his mind. I was left with a half peeled banana in my freezer that no one wanted to touch. Luckily, I had another banana on the counter that was really ripe, so I thawed the first one and mashed the second and made muffins.
1. Info for Banana Crumb Muffins
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Banana Crumb Muffins
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 or 3 ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup oil
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp flour
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl. In a larger bowl, mix the egg and sugar with a spoon.
- Add the oil and banana.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just moistened.
- Pour into a greased muffin pan.
- Combine topping ingredients with a fork or pastry blender until crumbly.
- Sprinkle on top of muffin batter.
- Bake 375 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until done.