I am always making things for my family and friends that I do not or cannot eat. It’s just life. Usually I don’t complain, but once in a while, I get fed up with overloading my olfactory senses with cinnamon rolls or chocolate chip cookies. On those days, I search for a gluten free, alternatively sweetened dessert. And look out if anyone gets in my way before that craving is satisfied, especially if it’s Apple Crisp!
Recently I took the following recipe and made it “legal” for me. I used a small pyrex dish, hoping to make a two serving dessert. But it wasn’t two servings…I felt too guilty about not making dessert for the rest of the family, that I shared. However, I did take a rather large serving, just to make sure it was good, before dinner. Then, we split what was left. I. Am. SO. Bad.
1. Info for Basic Apple Crisp and Its Gluten/Sugar Free Cousin
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Basic Apple Crisp and Its Gluten/Sugar Free Cousin
- 6 peeled, sliced apples
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup oatmeal (I used Chex gluten free oatmeal)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Spread apples in greased 8 X 8 pan.
- Mix the remaining ingredients with a fork or pastry blender and sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until apples are tender.