Here is another old recipe that I never posted. Now that life is so busy, I am really glad that I had a few recipes in reserve. I guess it pays to plan ahead, be prepared, etc.
These are a great alternative to a store bought yellow cake mix. They have a lovely homemade taste and are light and fluffy, just like a yellow cake should be. Top them with store bought or homemade frosting. Be creative and turn them into a work of art. In my house sprinkles is about as fancy as I get.
1. Info for Basic Yellow Cupcakes
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Basic Yellow Cupcakes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- Frosting of your choice (I used a can….have to use up what I’ve got before that’s homemade, too)
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, mixing well
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk.
- Divide equally into 12-18 greased or paper lined muffin tins.
- Bake 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until tests done.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan before putting on wire wrack to cool.
- Frost after cooled.