I’m really excited about this Paleo Chinese Chicken Salad recipe. It’s very easy to make, super healthy, and tastes AMAZING. I’m totally in love with the dressing and can’t wait to use it again as a marinade, dip for spring rolls, and salad dressing! It’s definitely going to be one of my new go-to recipes!
I have been getting a lot of inquires lately about summer weight loss and the best ways to tone up for summer. My #1 piece of advice is to cut out inflammatory foods. Carbohydrates are one of the most inflammatory foods so eliminating them will help to immediately shed water weight, improve skin and digestion, and allow your natural muscle tone to show through! I know most people feel like cutting carbs will be too restrictive but the key is having delicious low carb foods like this salad!! It’s is absolutely bursting with flavor, I promise you won’t miss your carbs at all!!
I also love that this recipe tastes as good (or better!!) as any Chinese Chicken Salad you could get at a restaurant but it’s actually good for you! It’s
- gluten free
- dairy free
- low sugar
- low carb
- low cal
- low fat
That means almost anyone can enjoy it, no matter their dietary restrictions!
This isn’t quite a 5 Min Meal but it’s pretty darn close!! I got an all-natural rotisserie chicken from my local health food store and shredded carrots to make my meal prep easier. You could also get pre shredded Napa Cabbage if you have it in your area.
1. Info for Paleo Chinese Chicken Salad
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Servings: 4
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Paleo Chinese Chicken Salad
- 2 bags shredded carrots
- 1 entire head of a large Napa Cabbage, chopped into thin strips
- 2 Tbs black sesame seeds
- 2 Tbs white sesame seeds
- 1 rotisserie chicken, torn into shreds
- 3 Tbs finely minced ginger (I peeled fresh ginger and used this hand held food processor to mince – You can also do it by hand but I find this process much faster and easier!)
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs hoisin sauce (I like this brand best, you can usually find it in the Asian section at your grocery store)
- 1 Tbs Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Spicy Chili Oil (optional but I had it on hand and knew it would make a great addition!)
- 1 tsp Sriracha or more if you like it spicy!
- 5 chopped green onions, green and white parts
3.1 For the dressing
In a small mason jar with lid, add tamari, vinegar, minced ginger, olive oil, hoisin sauce, toasted sesame oil, chili oil, siracha, sea salt and chopped green onions. Secure the lid on top and shake vigorously. Set aside.
Put chopped cabbage, shredded carrots, cilantro, sesame seeds, cashews, shredded chicken, and enough dressing to coat into a large plastic bag and shake vigorously until well incorporated. Adjust amount of dressing as needed.
Pour into bowls or onto plates and enjoy!!