A friend of mine introduced me to this recipe years ago. She used IMO in place of the sour cream. That wouldn’t help if you were non-dairy, though, because there is milk in the pudding mix. I decided I might just as well use sour cream instead. Until the one time that I didn’t have enough in the house and I substituted Laughing Cow cheese triangles for the rest. Don’t squirm, it was okay. Not one person guessed there was such a weird ingredient in the cake and it was just as moist as ever.
I have seen this recipe with both chocolate and vanilla pudding mixes. I think you could use butterscotch, banana or coconut, too with great results. You could also substitute other varieties of cake mix, too. I bet it would be fabulous with lemon or strawberry cake and vanilla chips. Think outside the box and get creative!
1. Info for Best Bundt Cake
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Best Bundt Cake
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 small package instant pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips (you can vary the kind of chips, too)
- Add pudding mix to cake mix and stir.
- Mix cake with water, sugar, oil and eggs.
- Stir in sour cream and chips.
- Pour into a greased and floured (remember to use cocoa here if making a chocolate cake) Bundt pan.
- Bake 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes or until cake springs back.
- Cool slightly for about 7 minutes and turn over onto a plate.