When the Good Guy was a kid, his mom would make up a batch of this muffin batter and keep it in the fridge. It keeps for up to 2 months. I make it now and love the idea of letting my boys make healthy muffins when they are hungry. It makes about 90 muffins.
1. Info for Big-Batch Bran Muffins
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Big-Batch Bran Muffins
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 quart buttermilk (milk plus lemon juice)
- 5 cups flour
- 5 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups All-Bran cereal
- 2 cups bran flakes (I used raisin bran and picked out the raisins ud83dude42
- Cream sugar and shortening, add eggs and remaining ingredients.
- Pour 2 cups BOILING water over mixture and combine.
- Bake 375 degrees 20 minutes in greased tin.