I have had the hardest time finding ground cardamom in the grocery store. A while ago, I was in Target and got all excited as I was looking at their spices. There was my prize and it was cheap! I quickly put it in my cart and when I got home, I hit my forehead with the palm of my hand. Iy-yi-yi! I had bought coriander.
Luckily, I do have some whole cardamom pods. I open them and grind them in a little hand grinder. My mother let me take them when I moved to Florida. She said with a laugh that they were probably as old as I am (see the vintage spice jar in the photos?). It didn’t inspire a lot of faith on my part as to the flavor that I would find when I used them. Surprisingly, however, though the pods were old, the seeds inside still have lots of flavor.
I have decided a trip over to the Jacksonville Penzey’s is in order. I like my spices younger than me!!
1. Info for Blueberry Cardamom Pancakes
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 1
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Blueberry Cardamom Pancakes
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp oil
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1 cup pancake mix (NOT the only-add-water type)
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- Combine wet ingredients in a bowl.
- Add pancake mix and cardamom.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Cook on a greased griddle or skillet.
4. Tips and advices:
- Use gluten free or regular pancake mix.