The Engineer had been hounding me to make breakfast cookies for about two weeks when I finally set aside a time to make them. Before mutiny erupted, I did a bit of fiddling with a few recipes, taking into account what ingredients actually were in the house this time and came up with a breakfast bar. The nice thing about these bars is their versatility. I also like bars versus cookies for saving time. So, I give you the breakfast bar that saved the day.
You can add nuts, chocolate chips, coconut or any dried fruit…depending on what you have in your cupboard. You could also mix in some spices or even flavorings like almond or orange. The bars are quite filling, though the boys in my family who have just entered the “I am always hungry” stage ate again two hours later. They do that no matter what they eat, though.
1. Info for Breakfast Bars
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Breakfast Bars
- 2 eggs
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cups AP flour
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- Beat the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla or other flavoring and mix well.
- Mix in the oatmeal, All Bran and flour followed by the raisins….or any other add ins.
- Spread into a greased 9X9 pan.
- Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown.