I am constantly caught without any brownie mixes and too many cake mixes in my pantry. You’d think I would remember that we prefer brownies over cake. The thing is, though, I know that I can make brownies, cookies and bars with a cake mix with only a few little tweaks. So, when cake mixes go on a good sale, I stock up. That seems to happen more often than brownie sales. These soft, fudgy brownies started from a devil’s food cake mix. By increasing the oil and omitting the water, the mix baked up completely different than a regular cake.
I wanted a quick dessert and the gang wanted brownies. By throwing in a bag of peanut butter chips, I had a treat that everyone in my family loved. We are huge peanut butter and chocolate fans, so brownies with pb chips won the day.
1. Info for Cake Mix Peanut Butter Chip Brownies
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Cake Mix Peanut Butter Chip Brownies
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 package peanut butter chips
- Stir the cake mix, eggs and oil together.
- Add the oatmeal and chips.
- Spread batter into a greased 9 X 13 pan and bake for 22-25 minutes in a 350 degree oven.