This time of year, the weather can be so finicky. One day it seems like fall is on its way and the next, the temperatures skyrocket. On top of all that, school-sports-activity schedules have turned my days into a whirl. No bake cookies come in so handy. They whip together in no time and I don’t have to heat up the house with the oven. I have managed to amass quite a repertoire of such recipes, but there doesn’t seem to be an end to the flavor and ingredient combinations. These babies are sweet-to-the-max with brown sugar and butter and caramels boiled together.
1. Info for Caramel Oat No-Bake Cookies
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Caramel Oat No-Bake Cookies
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 24 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3½ cups oatmeal
- In a saucepan, combine the butter, evaporated milk and brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil and boil rapidly for 3 minutes.
- Lower the heat and add the caramels.
- Stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Put oatmeal in a large bowl and pour caramel mixture over oats.
- Stir to mix.
- Scoop out ping pong sized balls and flatten them on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet.
- Put into fridge to firm up.