I am constantly combing through my recipe index, checking what I have posted and what I have forgotten. In over 1000 posts, sometimes I am amazed at what is still missing. You’d think I would have covered everything in five years. However, that is not the case. There is always one more meal to make and one more dessert to photograph.
Today, I am sharing Chile Rellenos Casserole. It is a spicy (ish) egg and cheese dish. Often it is meatless, but in this house, the male folk clamor for meat. I will put a few note and options in the recipe so you can choose how you would like to make it. I have, in fact,made this particular one gluten free. So far as I can tell, I can switch gluten free flours into most savory dishes without my family being able to tell the difference. As long as the dish does not depend on a crust, I have been successful.
1. Info for Chile Rellenos Casserole
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Chile Rellenos Casserole
- 2 4 oz cans chopped green chiles
- 2 cups shredded cooked meat (beef, chicken, pork)(optional)
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp sorghum flour (or all-purpose)
- 1 13 oz can evaporated milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- salsa (optional)
- avocado (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- In a greased 11 X 9 pan layer meat, chiles, cheese.
- Beat eggs with flour, milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour over cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes or until center is firm.
- Cool at least 10 minutes before cutting.
- Serve garnished with salsa, avocado and sour cream.