I had the fun opportunity to meet one of my blogging Besties, Kim Bee from Cravings of a Lunatic, at Food Blog Forum Orlando 2012. I had done a blog swap with her just prior to the conference and I had posted Turtle Buns on her site. Then, when I realized that I would be meeting her in person, I decided to make them for her in real life. Being who I am, though, I changed the recipe between the blog post and the real life meeting. My husband had been out of town when I made the first batch, so he wasn’t able to compare the two, but he raved and raved about the few rolls I left with him as payment for staying the weekend alone with all five of our children while I partied with fellow bloggers. Kim seemed to like them pretty well, too, so I thought I would share the recipe. You can find the original over on her site and compare.
1. Info for Chocolate Caramel Sweet Rolls
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Chocolate Caramel Sweet Rolls
- 3½ cups Bisquick baking mix
- evaporated milk to moisten
- extra cocoa for rolling
- sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 bag Kraft Caramel Nibs
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Combine Bisquick, sugar and cocoa to mix.
- Stir in melted butter, then start adding evaporated milk until a dough forms.
- Roll out into a big rectangle using the extra cocoa instead of flour on the board.
- Spread a layer of sweetened condensed milk all over the rectangle.
- Sprinkle mini chips, nuts and ⅓ the bag of Nibs all over the dough.
- Roll up jelly roll style.
- Slice into 1 inch thick slices.
- It will be a little awkward keeping all of the filling in the rolls.
- Place in a greased 9 X9 pan.
- Bake 375 for 15 minutes.
- Take the rest of the Nibs and 4 Tbsp evaporated milk and microwave them 1 minute at a time until Nibs are melted and combined with milk.
- Beat in powdered sugar until thick and smooth.
- Generously spread icing on top of mostly cooled rolls