When life gets busy, I often turn to baking mixes. There isn’t much quicker than a batch of brownies. Except, they get boring, says the lady who doesn’t even eat them. I hate making the same thing over and over again. So I add a little zip and zing. Sometimes I add chocolate chip cookie dough and chocolate frosting. Sometimes I add chopped up candy bars. This time, I made them into chocolate cheesecake brownies.
It didn’t take much more than a little cream cheese, cocoa, sugar and egg. After preparing the mix according to package directions and putting it into a prepared pan, I simply beat up these other ingredients in the same bowl.
When I was a little girl, one of my favorite desserts were cheesecake swirled brownies. Mom didn’t start using mixes of any kind until I was a teenager, so they were purely from scratch. I don’t have always have time to fuss with completely homemade desserts, so I am all about fancying up mixes.
1. Info for Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies
- 1 9X13 brownie mix, with accompanying eggs, water and oil
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp cocoa
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- After preparing brownie mix according to package directions.
- Pour it into a prepared 9X13 pan.
- In the same bowl you made the brownie, mix, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Beat until smooth.
- Drop dollops of cream cheese mixture all over the brownies.
- Using a knife, swirl the cheesecake layer into the brownies.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool, cut and eat.