When I think of February I think of candy and chocolate. Who doesn’t want to receive some type of chocolate for Valentine’s Day? While I’m not a big chocolate cake person I do love a good chocolate cookie, but I didn’t have a lot of time to bake this year so I needed a quick and easy recipe.
I remembered pinning a recipe for crinkle cookies that used boxed cake mix for the base. I went to the recipe and sure enough it only had 3 ingredients. Because I can never leave any recipe as it is I thought adding mint to the cookies would jazz it up a bit. I added in crushed candy canes that I had leftover from Christmas as well as peppermint extract and it made a delicious chocolate mint cookie.
1. Info for Chocolate Peppermint Crinkle Cookies
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Chocolate Peppermint Crinkle Cookies
- 1 box Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. peppermint extract
- 10 peppermint candies (or 4 candy canes), crushed
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oil.
- Mix well.
- Stir in the peppermint extract and candy canes.
- Roll the mix into small balls, roll in powdered sugar, and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let sit for 2 minutes, then remove to a wire rack.