I needed a bread that was gluten free, grain free, dairy free, white sugar free, starch free, xanthan gum free, guar gum free, and yeast free. I specifically wanted it to be a delicious cinnamon raisin bread. After searching health food stores for days, I realized such a bread does not exist in any market shelves. So…I had to make one. I hope you like it. I luv it.
Cinnamon Raisin Bread
SERVINGS: 12 slices
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
BAKE TIME: 45 minutes
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds soaked in 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup raisins, soaked in water for 30 minutes, drained and chopped
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 6 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or melted unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup grade b
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons gluten free pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare bread loaf pan by lining with parchment, or lightly rub with oil.
- Soak raisins in a 1/2 cup water for 30 minutes. Combine ground chia seeds with water. Stir to avoid clumping. Set aside. Sift flours, cream of tartar, sea salt, and ground into a large bowl.
- Beat eggs for 2 minutes with hand mixer.
- Add maple syrup, coconut oil, ground chia gel, vanilla extract and apple cider vinegar. Stir. Add flour combination. Blend to combine thoroughly.
- Spoon mixture into prepared baking pan. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. Allow to cool. Slice.
- Toast for breakfast, or make French Toast!